2015-06-24 / Front Page

Man killed in house fire

by Terry Toole


Victim burns to death in mobile home on Middle St. Victim burns to death in mobile home on Middle St. The Colquitt/Miller Fire and Rescue Department was called to a house fire Wednesday, June 17, 2015, at 1:15 at 215 Middle Street.

When the first responders arrived, the mobile home was completely involved. After the firefighters knocked down the flames almost one hour later, it was found that one person was in the mobile home at the time of the fire and was dead.

The case was turned over to Chief Scott Worsley. He called in the Fire Marshal, and it was determined that the victim was killed due to smoke inhalation. The burn victim was sent to the state crime lab for autopsy.

It was determined that no foul play had been discovered in the cause of the fire death.

The investigation indicated that the victim was Eugene Butler, 55, of 213 N. Middle St., Colquitt.

The incident is still under investigation by local and state law departments.

Return to top